Estimates by Email
Please send the following information along with good photos to Estimate@FurnitureRestoration.com
I need several photos including: one of the whole piece of furniture to give context to what I’m estimating plus a close-up of any areas that need repair. For refinishing a top, to something like a table, please include a photo of some light reflecting across the it. Remember that if you send a photo of just one spot to be repaired, to me it is like looking at one piece of a puzzle. I have to have context!
- First Name and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Some details about what you would like to have done.
- Email address
Many times I can give estimates by looking at photos that are email to me. This works best for refinishing but it can help me give you a “Ball Park” estimate on repairs and restoration. The photos need to have the following:
- Remember! Photos appear to me as pieces of a puzzle that need context of the whole piece to make sense…
- Include a photo of the whole piece of furniture if possible…
- Ask yourself if you can make sense of the photos that you are sending to me…
- Please have the photos in the correct orientation (not side ways of upside down) which is easily achieved by holding the camera or phone correctly. I receive a lot of estimates and unfortunately I do not have time to save and rotate them. Please take the time to do this…
- Close up and far away photos…
- Please take the photos at a high enough resolution so that I can zoom in to see some detail and hold it still to avoid blurriness…
- Stand off to the side of any flat surface. If you don’t, the flash will bounce back into the camera and all I can see is a flash in the photo…
- Try to avoid bright lights behind the object which will cause the image to be dark…
- If you are closer than two or three feet from the furniture always use the “Macro Button” if you have one. (It normally has a Flower icon on it)
Examples of good and bad photos:
Blurry and Sideways, BAD.
Flash Bounce, BAD.
Good photo of whole top.
Clear photo of damage
No flash bounce back