How to correctly clean a hardwood or laminate floor!
1. Buy or make a solution that works just like a window cleaner because cleaning a floor and cleaning a window
requires the same process which leaves no residues to build up.
2. You can make my own floor cleaner by using 50% distilled water and 50% distilled vinegar which you then put into a spray bottle.
3. You need a very flat mop head mop, and I mean flat. If it has any raised surfaces or even Velcro it will not clean as well because of the lack of surface area touching the floor. The bigger the head of the mop the better as you can cover more surface area. If you do not see the exact shape of the mop head tattooed by dirt on the towel you are not getting good surface contact.
4. Lay the towel flat on the floor and place mop head on the towel.
5. Spray the solution on the area you want to clean. Do not spray too big of an area as it will dry before you finish mopping.
6. Use a bunch of cotton towels, not microfiber. You will be changing the towels as they get dirty.
You will be shocked at how much dirt will come off your floor. As the towel get dirty just throw down another towel and pick up where you left off. We have a 2500 sq. ft. home and we use about 15 -20 towels. After a towel is dirty or wet it will just smear the dirty around.